Read before booking
Rules for Group Study Rooms
Teresa e Alexandre Soares dos Santos Library has 8 group study rooms, 3 located on the ground floor and 5 other in the second level. Each room has 8 seats and one whiteboard. To guarantee that the library rooms are used only for group study purposes, all bookings will be mediated by library staff.
New rules are as follow (beginning on April, 1st)
- These rooms are intended as a place for NOVA SBE and Lisbon MBA students to work and study together
- These rooms are not intended for individual study
- These rooms are not intended as meeting rooms for clubs or interviews
If you need a quiet place for a group meeting Nova SU is in charge of managing room reservations at the CTT Student Hall.
Drop an email 24h hours in advance to email@example.com. More info on the CTT Hall rules.
- These rooms are a shared resource and access is regulated by library rules and regulations.
- The person who books the room is responsible for the entire group. This means that he/she must guarantee the compliance of these rules and make sure they use the space and equipment in a responsible manner.
- This person has to check in at the circulation desk, leave their student card and request the key, markers, and erasers.
- When leaving, doors must be locked and keys, markers, and erasers must be returned at the circulation desk.
Definition of a Group
- For the purpose of making and keeping a reservation, a group is defined as at least four eligible persons (NOVA SBE or Lisbon MBA students)
Reservation Requirements and Limits
- A person must have a @novasbe.pt or @thelisbonmba.com email address to make a reservation.
- Rooms may be reserved for up to 3 hours per day and per group.
- If a group books a room for 3 hours, its members cannot make a second booking for the same group.
- Rooms may be reserved up to one week in advance.
- There is a 15 minute grace period for reservations. If the group doesn't show up the entire reservation is forfeit and the room can be assigned to another group.
- Food and drink may not be consumed in accordance with the library’s Food and Drink Policy.
- Please clean up after yourselves and leave the room ready for the next group.
- Each room has a whiteboard, please use only appropriate markers and erasers. These materials will be given at the check-in.
The following rules apply to all bookings
- Students may not leave their belongings and leave the room unattended.
- Students should leave the room at the designated time and inform the circulation desk.
- Students who don’t comply with the rules will be asked to leave the room by the library staff.
These rules can be reviewed if necessary.
Thank you for your collaboration,
The Library Staff
- Click the Booking button below.
- Choose a room (Rooms starting with 1 are located on the first floor, the ones starting with 2 are located on the second floor)
- Select the green boxes, each box represents blocks of 30 minutes. You can only apply for 3 hours per day and per group.
- The library can deny your request if this rule is not followed.
- Selected boxes appear below the schedule.
- To delete selected boxes do it below the schedule.
- Rooms are available during library hours.
- Click on Submit Times
- To change your booking go to Changes
- Fill the form: Name, institutional email, select how many students and their numbers.
- Click on Submit My Booking.
You will receive an automated email confirming with your reservation and another with a follow-up with the Library's decision. If you don't get any email, please check your spam folder.
Bookings may be canceled for no show up within the first 15 minutes.